Monday, May 23, 2005

WHAT A KID!!

You know, there are few moments in the life of a parent of a teenager that make you so happy that you cry. Last night was one of those moments. I swear, sometimes I just don't know what to think of Kayleigh!

Now that summer is here, Tony and I have asked Kayleigh if she could babysit Joey maybe one day a week so that it will save us a little on daycare costs. Not only did she agree, but she added that she would be more than happy to keep him more often than that since she knows money is tight. The more we talked about it, the more proud I became of this great kid of ours. And when we told her how proud and thankful that we were that she was willing to sacrifice so much, her reply?? "No, thank you, Mom. I mean heck, you're the one that raised me this way." Our jaws dropped open and I will honestly admit that Tony and I both teared up.

When in the world did this cute little red head of ours come to be so grown up?? I mean, I've always known that as a whole, she's well rounded, level headed, responsible and mature for her age (well, most of the time!). But this just blew us both away. She even said that we don't have to pay her!!!

Tony and I made a point of telling her how proud we were of her and I made sure that she didn't feel taken for granted, telling her that if she ever needed a "day off" to let us know. Granted, I'll be home every Wednesday to give her a break, but still...home with a 2 year old is enough to make any one crazy!!! And on top of everything else, anytime I call home to check up on them, it's always quiet and calm.

Guess we've done something right after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home