Friday, May 27, 2005

People are strange

You know, if you're looking for some cheap entertainment (and BTW, you get what you pay for), go to a super walmart on a Friday nite. The variety of individuals is absolutely astounding. I asked Tony where all these freaks hid during the day, under a rock, maybe.

I think it might be a requirement if you're a dirt poor, stupid redneck that you are only allowed to take your crumb snatchers out at 10pm in filthy clothes/faces. Before anyone gets pissed off about the redneck comment, not all rednecks are dirt poor and stupid. Some are one or the other and some are just the opposite. But as an old friend put quite simply, soap is cheap...use it.

Anyway, I could barely concentrate in the proximity of some of the people I saw streaming past me. I had to wonder how long it would take the mother of a toddler boy to notice that he had a pantiliner stuck to the back of his shorts. I was so curious that I couldn't stop watching them. I wanted to see what happened if/when she realized what was going on. I never did see her notice (or care) and after ten minutes, they moved on. Sad.

Then there was the stoned looking mom, dressed to the nines, strolling around the dept we were in, pretending her kids werent with her (shopping for herself, of course). One little boy of about 5 or 6 was a particular brat who, as he ran past Tony, slapped him across the back (Tony was bent over) with the elastic used to tie shoes together. Now that may not seem like much, but first, what a freakin shit head and second, that shit can hurt if done right.

Then there was the couple in front of us in line...torn nasty clothes, filthy little girl in a basket full of potted plants that ran them about $150. They got into a truck that didnt run any better than the famous truck on Sanford and Son. I had to wonder if there was at least ONE part they could have bought for that amount that would have helped out the truck. Guess not. At least the strip of yard around their trailer will look coloful for a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home