Thursday, June 02, 2005

Blackie

Well, our time is growing short. Last week Blackie was cleared by Dr Russell as being "critter free" and non-contagious. That means it's time for him to move to Carol's. We've agreed to meet on Wednesday, June 8th. I know it's the best for him, and really the best for us, too. For starters, four dogs is a lot. Second, Blackie's a handful all by himself. And third, I know he deserves more than being a yard dog or a house pet. He has something to do in this world and it can't be done here.
Everytime I get aggravated at that mutt, I have to go and think about how lovable he truly is. He is the happiest, carefree dog I've ever met. And even though he ACTS like a knucklehead most of the time, I know that he's actually quite intelligent. Just bored, for the most part.

Earlier, Joey woke up for some reason. When he didn't settle back down after a few minutes, I got up to check on him. Blackie was right behind me. Blackie stood by Joey's bed while we talked. He licked Joey's hand and waited for a hug. When Joey wrapped his tiny little hand around Blackie's neck, Blackie gently kissed him on the face then snuggled into Joey's neck. Almost makes ya wanna cry.

Yeah, I'm gonna miss him...A LOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home