Saturday, June 18, 2005

Missin my buddy, Blackie

Well, Carol came and picked up Blackie on June 8th while I was at work. For the first few days, I seriously wished I could call him or go visit or SOMETHING! I know it probably wouldn't be a good idea and not very helpful in his transition, but wishin' never hurt. After a few days, I emailed Carol to see how he was doing. She got back to me and said all was well. He's adjusting and overall being relatively "good". That was despite the fact that he escaped from her yard by digging out, and let her pups out at the same time. At least he came back to her instead of trying to find his way back here.

I truly miss snuggling with him in the morning after Tony got up. He wasn't shy one bit and would sleep on Tony's pillow or my shoulder just like a person. Quite frequently, I'd wake up with him snoring in my ear.

Now don't get me wrong, he was a real pain in the ass and part of me is glad he's gone. He had too much damn energy for us to keep up with him, that's for sure. And the realistic side of me is aware of the fact that he is definitely where he needs to be.

That said, I can barely wait to see him again. I want hugs and slobbery kisses and to see him jumping around and up and down like he doesn't know what to do with himself. It'll be much cooler to watch him doing it at someone elses place knowing that I don't have to worry that he's getting into the neighbor's trash in the middle of the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home